Thursday, June 9, 2011

Too Naked to be a Mascot?

A soccer team in England have fired their mascot because she posed for pictures in her underwear while holding the mascot's head. The Doncaster Rovers fired the woman despite the team participating in a naked calendar shoot just weeks before. The woman planned to donate the money she made from the lingerie shoot to charity. Her dismissal doesn't seem fair at all, especially considering many of the top soccer players in the world constantly appear in underwear advertisements.

“I have been to hospitals, schools, and visited disabled children as Donny Dog, representing the club. I’ve cut down on my hairdressing work to fit appointments in as Donny Dog...I can’t believe that after all the work I have put in for them as Donny Dog they are treating me like this.”

That's some serious passion right there. Let's hope she gets her job back.

Here are a few of the pictures from the shoot.







1 comment: